COPY YOUR OWN CLOTHES TO MAKE A SEWING PATTERN
TIME: 10am to 3pm
Do you have a favourite garment that fits you perfectly and would love to recreate it?
During this workshop you will learn how to copy your favourite garment without opening any seams or deconstructing it in any way. You will learn how to create an exact copy of the pattern pieces and add the correct seam allowances, darts and pleats etc. whilst your garment stays completely intact. You will come away from class with your finished paper pattern (not a sewn garment).
Bring in one to two simple garments, occasionally there is time to cover two garments in the workshop.
Using techniques used by pattern makers, you will learn to use 2 methods
1. Using voile fabric to map out their garment and learn how to transfer the voile pattern to paper.
2. How to ‘trace off ‘ your favourite garment
- Copying the shape of your garment
- Transferring seam lines, darts, gathers, tucks and any other design details
- Adding seam allowances
- Adding markings such as notches and balance marks
- Reproducing pockets and any other design details
- Basics of pattern drafting
- Adding balance lines, grain lines, seam allowances, notches and cutting instructions
- How to check the patterns for accuracy
Beginners are welcome. No previous pattern making experience is necessary, but you would benefit more you have some prior sewing experience.
Attend a couple of the sewing clinics Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening 6pm to 9pm or Friday 9.30am to 12.pm and 10pm to 4pm to sew the garment up £10 per 3 hour session
The workshop will start at 10 am. Please arrive ten minutes early to register and a cuppa. Please note our new sewing studio is now ready to use. The address is as follows:
SEW AT 174
174 Derby Road
Nottingham. NG9 7AY