LEARN TO SEW C0NCEALED ZIP / CUSHION
TIME: 10am to 1pm
Concealed zips are surprisingly easy to apply but just take a little know how and practise to get the hang of
Use of Janome Digital Sewing machines M100 QDC and overlocker and all sewing notions including scissors
Cushion pad, Threads & zip
You will need to bring
1 metre of fabric cotton, linen or canvas
You will learn
- How to navigate around a piece of fabric
- How to use a paper pattern/template and pin it onto your fabric
- How to accurately cut fabric
- Insert an invisible zip
- How to set up and thread a sewing machine and wind the bobbin
- How to sew simple seams
- How to finish off raw edges
- Free parking after 5pm in Halls Road car park, or there is some on free street parking from 5pm
174 Derby Road
Nottingham. NG9 7AY
The Sewing B shop will be open 5.30pm to 9.00pm for fabrics at £2.50 per metre and haberdashery
There is limited on-street parking in Stapleford so we recommend one of the Broxtowe council carparks the nearest being Halls Road (2 minute walk) https://www.broxtowe.gov.uk/for-you/roads-parking-travel/car-parks/stapleford-car-parks/
If you are arriving from Nottingham or Derby via the Trent Barton I4 the stop is Halls Road.
If you’ve any questions about accessibility or parking for blue badge holders then let me know.
No refreshment are provided for this workshop, however you may wish bring a bottle of water with a replaceable lid into the classroom with you.